Dr. Anderson and the staff of Professional Vision Center are happy to announce our re-opening beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2020
We have already begun re-scheduling appointments and we are carefully planning how to provide excellent patient care and service as well as the highest level of safety for our patients and our staff. The information below will help to explain the new protocols we have in place for this first phase of the COVID-19 re-opening. Please call our office at 828-692-2593 if you have any questions.
1. Is it safe to schedule an appointment?
Yes. We have put protocols in place to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for our patients and our staff. If you have a fever of flu-like symptoms or if you have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19 or COVID-19-like symptoms, do not schedule an appointment at this time. When scheduling your appointment, you will be asked a series of questions to make sure it is appropriate for you to schedule an appointment at this time. We do require all patients to wear their own masks throughout their visit to our office. Thank you for your help and understanding in keeping everyone safe. We look forward to seeing you soon!
2. What precautions are you taking to stop the spread of COVID-19?
Weare taking many precautions. We are limiting the number of people inside our building at one time. Please come to your appointment alone unless you need a caregiver to assist you. Parents, we love your children, but please arrange for childcare at your home unless your child has a scheduled appointment. Siblings without a scheduled appointment will not be allowed to enter the building. If you are a caregiver or a parent accompanying your child to his/her appointment, we ask that both you and the patient wear a mask throughout the visit.
We are spacing out our appointment times to allow us to thoroughly disinfect all surfaces and equipment between each patient, ensuring a sanitary environment for all.
When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and call our front desk to let us know you have arrived. We will let you know when to come to our front door.
A staff member will use a forehead thermometer to check your temperature before you enter our practice. Anyone showing signs of fever or illness will be asked to reschedule his/her appointment.
Our staff members will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
We will have social distancing measures in place. During your visit, we ask that you remain at least 6 feet apart from other patients.
3. Is it safe to wear contact lenses? Yes. When cared for properly, you can wear your contact lenses safely. As always, it is very important to thoroughly wash your hands before handling your contact lenses, properly disinfect your lenses, and adhere to the wearing schedule recommended by Dr. Anderson. If you have any flu-like symptoms, it is always wise to discontinue contact lens wear and instead wears your prescription eyeglasses.
4. Can I try on eyeglass frames during my visit? Of course! We are continually cleaning and disinfecting all frames and surfaces in our optical areas and will properly clean each frame after it is tried on and before placing it back on display. Hand sanitizer is provided for our patients in the optical area and throughout the office.
5. Do I need an appointment to get my new or existing frames fitted or re-adjusted? Yes. Please call our office to set up a time to pick up new glasses and/or have your frames adjusted. Scheduling your visit will help ensure that a staff member is available to provide whatever help is needed.
Many things have changed since your last visit with us, but we will always remain committed to your health and well-being.
Thank you for choosing Professional Vision Center! We look forward to seeing you again soon.